You’ve seen “motivational posters” before, like the one of a kitten on a rope that says “Hang in There.” But now a collection of “DE-MOTIVATIONAL” posters is going viral. They definitely keep you humble.
Someone did a deep dive and posted the funniest ones they could find. Each of them lists a theme, followed by a message that’s the OPPOSITE of motivational. Here are a few favorites…
1. Uniqueness: Even if you’re one in a million, there’s still 7,500 of you out there.
2. The Lottery: The odds of you dying on your way to purchase a ticket are greater than the odds of winning the jackpot.
3. Underachievement: The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
4. Healthy: The slowest possible rate at which you can die.
5. Relationships: Sure, there are plenty of other fish in the sea… but you’re not anywhere near the sea. You’re in the desert, alone.
6. Trust: A sheep spends its whole life fearing the wolves, only to be eaten by the shepherd.
7. Responsibility: Relax. If your job really mattered so much, wouldn’t your company have someone better doing it?
8. Motivation: Do what you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life… because that field isn’t hiring.
9. Today: It’s the first day of the rest of your life… but so was yesterday, and look how that turned out.
10. Hope: Always the first step on the road to disappointment.