Day of Action, United Way of Broome County Volunteer Day of Service is happening on June 18 and 19. To take action to address a variety of challenges. It is a day that we ask you to help us put our mission into action by volunteering to improve the building blocks for a good quality of life – education, financial stability and health. United Way of Broome County is currently seeking civic-minded volunteers and volunteer groups looking to share their time and talents to help local organizations. With over 15, 4 hour projects across the community, you will make an impact. All projects comply with COVID-19 safety standards and are socially distant volunteer opportunities.
How to Get Involved on United Way Day of Action
- Find an opportunity to volunteer in your community.
- Share your Day of Action experience on Facebook, post photos of your community work to Instagram and follow us on Twitter @UnitedWay (tweet using #DayofAction).
- To volunteer visit uwbroomevolunteers.org or call 607-240-2000
- Advocate for Summer Success on #DayofAction:
- Raise awareness about addressing the challenges of summer. Know the facts and share reports from the National Summer Learning Association, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, and Share Our Strength.
- Find free summer meals for children in your community. Tell families to call 1-866-3-HUNGRY or visit www.whyhunger.org/findfood to locate meal sites.