Ross Park Zoo Re-Opening Plan
Binghamton, NY– The Ross Park Zoo is excited to welcome our community back under the new guidelines set forth by New York State.
We will be implementing the following safety measures to help us stay safe together.
- Opening dates: June 29 through July 1 for members only; July 2 open to the public
- Admission hours will be open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (zoo closes at 5:00) and capacity will be monitored.
- All guests over the age of two will be required to bring and wear a mask or face covering, unless doing so is contrary to their health/safety due to a medical condition. Likewise, all Ross Park Zoo staff will be wearing masks to protect you as well.
- If you are feeling ill, or living with someone who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We look forward to seeing you another day.
- Maintain CDC suggested social distancing of at least 6’ between visitor groups. Signage and pavement decals have been installed to help remind our visitors.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers have been added throughout the zoo.
- The Leopard’s Spot Snack Shack will NOT be open until a later date. Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase at the admission booth and Zoovenirs Gift Shop.
- The Zoovenirs Gift Shop will be open for limited capacity shopping. Guests may avoid walking through the gift shop when they exit by leaving through our old entry gate.
- For your safety, all visitors will follow a linear path through the zoo. The following areas and exhibits will not be visible until a later date: African Waters, New World Tropics, red-necked wallaby, Wolf Woods (wolves visible on upper path), Arctic fox.
- Admission will be offered at a reduced rate of $7.00 per person until all areas of the zoo are reopened.
- All Ross Park Zoo memberships expiring on or before June 30, 2020 have automatically been extended for 3 months.
To view the latest Executive Director update (released 6/24/2020), visit https://rossparkzoo.org/covid-19/
The Ross Park Zoo is located at 60 Morgan Road in Binghamton, NY. For more information, call (607) 724-5461 or visit the zoo website at rossparkzoo.org.